Wednesday, April 15, 2015

sewing simply

I made a couple pieces last weekend that make up sort of a different look for me. It started when I decided to give the Colette Astoria a try, from the current issue of Seamwork (I subscribe and highly recommend it! It includes two new pdf patterns for basic garments each month!)  I don't have a photo of that successful top yet, but it inspired me to try a high waisted skirt I'd just made with a cropped top.

I have a black rayon jersey t-shirt that I've had for probably five years. It's just from Target, but it's lasted forever! I noticed recently it had a tiny hole near the hem, though. This was the perfect chance to see if a cropped top could look good on me, so I hemmed it up three inches and wore it with this crinkle knit skirt I'd just made.
I like it! I'll try to share the Colette one soon. I can't pull off a tucked in look because I'm kinda short waisted, so this is a good alternative for me.

I've had company the last few days, but I'll be back in my sewing room this weekend! I'm inspired to make more basic things lately, which is why I love Seamwork!

No comments:

Post a Comment